About the drug:
The combination of lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide (Hctz) to produce a potent drug used in the treatment of high blood pressure and heart attack.
Lisinopril is a potent drug used in the treatment of high blood pressure and heart attack. It belongs to the class of ACE inhibitors (angiotensin converting enzyme) and is one of the most popular drugs given in the treatment of heart failure and hypertension.
Uses of the drug:
Lisinopril-Hctz is given in hypertension, as it decreases the work load of the heart. It also decreases the risk of various heart conditions:
• Mild to moderate hypertension
• Improves the survival in people with myocardial infarction after suffering a heart attack
• Stroke, angina and other serious cardiovascular diseases
Working of the drug:
Lisinopril belongs to the class of ACE inhibitors (angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor). It stops the formation of Angiotensin II which causes constriction of blood vessels and increases the blood pressure. It relaxes the constricted blood vessels and helps heart in pumping the blood more easily. It reduces the post heart attack damage by supplying sufficient oxygen supply. In case of kidney problems, it improves the blood supply in the vessels found in the kidneys and reduces the chance of getting hypertension and diabetes post effects.
Hctz on the other hand is a diuretic drug that removes excess water and salts from the blood in the form of urine. It reduces the volume of the blood and thus decreases the cardiac output.
Cipril-H is manufactured by Cipla India, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our website in various pack sizes. You can buy Cipril-H online from alldaychemist.com.
Dosage forms and strengths:
Lisinopril tablet is available in the following strength on the website:
Cipril-H 5+12.5 mg
To buy Cipril-H online, visit alldaychemist.com.
Before you take the drug:
• Do not take the drug if you:
Have an allergy to Lisinopril
Have heart diseases
Are pregnant or planning to conceive
Are breastfeeding as the drug may pass into the breast milk and harm the feeding baby
• Tell your doctor if you:
Have kidney disease
Have liver disease
Are suffering from connective tissue disease like rheumatoid arthritis, lupus and scleroderma
Have diabetes, etc.
How much to take the drug?
Always take the dose as prescribed by the physician. It is very important to consume medicine timely. Various factors are observed by a doctor before prescribing a drug. The doctor is the one who will prescribe the best suitable dose for you. The initial recommended dosage starts from 2.5 mg and can be increased depending upon the condition of the patient.
How to take the drug?
You must swallow the whole tablet with one glass full of water. Do not crush or chew it. Lisinopril can be taken orally once a day. It can be taken with or without food. It is best to take it at the same time daily because it shows best results and helps to remember the time to take the drug. Dose adjustments are done basis on the levels of blood pressure. Always take the medicine as instructed by your doctor.
For how long to take it?
It is important to take the drug as instructed by your doctor. Abrupt discontinuation of medicine can cause adverse reactions. So, before stopping the drug intake, always consult a physician first.
You may need urgent medical attention or you can dial helpline number if you encounter the below listed symptoms:
• Extreme dizziness
Take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the dose and take your next dose at the correct time. Do not double up the dose to compensate for the missed one.
Side effects of the drug?
All medicines have their side effects, sometimes they are, but most of the times they are not. Some common side effects are listed below:
• Hyperkalemia conditions
• Dry mouth
• Mild skin irritation
• Abdominal pain and discomfort
Some serious side effects associated with this drug are as follows:
• Fever, chills and body aches
• Rapid weight gain or swelling
• Pale or yellowing skin
• Pain in chest
• Flu, etc.
Common drug interactions:
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Drugs listed below may interact with Lisinopril and can hinder its normal functioning:
• Other antihypertensive medications
• Lithium, Aliskiren
• Oral antidiabetic medicines
• NSAID’s, ibuprofen, Naproxen, Celecoxib and Indomethacin
• Diuretic drugs
• Potassium supplements
• Ginger, ginseng, licorice and Ephedra
Things the remember:
• Keep the medicine in a close tight container and out of reach of children
• Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
• This medicine can pass into breast milk and may cause harm to the fetal damage
• Avoid drinking alcohol as it increases the side effects of Lisinopril
• Avoid the intake of salt or potassium substitutes while taking this medicine. Always ask doctor first before taking any potassium substitute
• Excess of sweating, diarrhea and vomiting can cause dehydration. So, compensate the fluid loss by drinking lots of fluid
This is block static ( block-cms )