About the drug:
Famotidine is a histamine-2 blocker drug and belongs to a family of drugs called histamine-2 blockers. This drug functions by lowering the natural production of acid in the stomach. Famotidine is available under various brands across the globe.
Uses of the drug:
Famotidine is an acid reducer which is used to primarily treat and prevent stomach and intestinal ulcers. It is also used to treat conditions characterized by excessive acid production in the stomach like Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. Famotidine may be given to people who have gastro-esophageal reflux disease or GERD and other conditions in which the stomach acid flows into the esophagus and causes heartburn.
Working of the drug:
Famotidine is an oral drug that is known to reduce the acidity in the stomach by blocking the production of acid by acid producing cells present in the lining of the stomach.
Famocid 20 mg is manufactured by Sun Pharma, India and is available on our website also. You can buy Famocid 20 mg online at alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strength available:
Famotidine is available in following strengths on our website:
• Famocid 20 mg
• Famocid 40 mg
To buy Famocid 20 mg online, visit alldaychemist.com.
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you:
- Are allergic to the drug or any other ingredient present in the drug
- Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding as Famotidine can pass into breast milk and harm a nursing baby
- Tell your doctor if you:
- Any of these conditions like liver or kidney disease, a personal or family history of Long QT syndrome, stomach cancer, asthma, chronic pulmonary obstructive disease (COPD), or breathing problems
How much to take the drug:
Famotidine dosage will be fixed by your doctor after examining you properly. Dosage may depend on a range of factors like age, sex, drug allergies, or seriousness of the condition among several other factors.
Take Famotidine strictly according to the instructions on the medication label or according to your doctor’s direction. Do not alter the dosage unless your doctor advises you to do so. Also, do not take Famotidine after the prescribed period is over.
How to take the drug:
Properly chew the chewable Famotidine tablet before swallowing. Take the medication as directed for best results. Tell your doctor if your symptoms do not start to subside after 6 weeks of taking Famotidine. Stick to your doctor’s prescription strictly.
For how long to take it?
Famotidine medication may take up to 8 weeks to heal your ulcers. Complete the dose as directed by your doctor. never stop the dose without asking your doctor.
In case of an overdose of Famotidine, get emergency medical attention or call the doctor immediately. Overdose may lead to nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, or diarrhea.
If you miss a dose of Famotidine, take it as soon as you remember. Do not take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Taking multiple doses near to each other can lead to excess medication in your body which can be harmful.
Side effects of the drug:
Common side effects of Famotidine are nausea, vomiting, dizziness, constipation, diarrhea, dry mouth, headache, muscle cramps, or joint pain. These are not the only side effects of Famotidine. There may be others. Contact your doctor right away if you experience any serious side effects or if your condition worsens after taking Famotidine.
Common drug interactions:
These drugs can interact with Famotidine: Atazanavir, Itraconazole, Ketoconazole, Aspirin or other nsaids like Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Diclofenac, or others. The drugs mentioned thus are not all the possible drugs which can interact with Famotidine. There may be others as well. Share the list of all type of medications and related products which you are using with your doctor and never start a new medication without his or her advice.
Things to remember:
- Taking a proper diet is the key to the proper effectiveness of this medication
- Famotidine may lead to dizziness which can impact some activities that require a high level of attention and alertness like driving. So be careful while indulging in such activities.
- Always store Famotidine in a cool and dry place, away from heat and moisture. Ensure that children and pets don’t have access to this medication.
- Also avoid other acid reducers like cimetidine, nizatidine, ranitidine, or others unless or otherwise advised by your doctor.
- Alcohol consumption while taking Famotidine may worsen your condition so avoid alcohol.
This is block static ( block-cms )