About the drug:
The active ingredient of the drug is Ethinyl Estradiol and Drospirenone. The drug is mainly used to as a contraceptive method to prevent pregnancy.
Uses of the drug:
The drug is mainly used as a birth control pill to prevent pregnancy. It is sometimes prescribed by doctors to treat acne in women who have attained the age of 14 and have got their periods. The pill is also used for alleviating the symptoms of premenstrual dysphoric disorder such as anxiety, depression, concentration, irritability, lethargy, muscle or joint pain, weight gain, changes in appetite or sleep pattern and tender breast.
Working of the drug:
The medicine works by preventing the release of a female egg from the ovaries. It also causes changes in uterine and cervical lining and makes the cervical mucus more viscous. Because of this the male sperms find it difficult to reach the uterus and fertilized egg that is attached to the uterus wall.
The manufacturer of Yazz - 0.02mg/3mg is jamna pharma, India. You can buy Yazz - 0.02mg/3mg online also.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the tablet form in the following strength:
- Yazz - 0.02mg/3mg
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to the main ingredient of the drug or to any other ingredients of the drug.
Tell your doctor if you:
- Are suffering from any ailments such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, gall bladder disease, seizures, diabetes, tuberculosis, irregular periods, an abnormal mammogram, history of fibrocystic disease in breasts and so on.
- Are pregnant or planning to be pregnant or breast feeding your baby.
- Are a smoker and above the age of 35
- Are suffering from uterine or breast cancer, unexplained vaginal bleeding, jaundice due to birth control pills and so on
How much to take the drug?
The recommended dose will be fixed by your doctor after examining you through. Usually one pill per day needs to be taken. Care should be taken that there is a gap of 24 hours between two doses.
How to take the drug?
The medicine is to be taken as per the instruction of your doctor and according to the schedule fixed by him. The first pill is to be taken on the first day of your period or on the first Sunday after that. After that each day a pill needs to be taken. Take care not go more than 24 hours without a pill. Get a refill pack before the previous pack gets over so that continuity is maintained.
For how long to take it?
The medicine is to be taken for the prescribed period of time as recommended by your doctor.
Overdose of medicine should be avoided as it may result in side effects such as vomiting, nausea and vaginal bleeding. In case of overdose you must get medical help as soon as you can.
Missing a dose is not desirable as it may result in pregnancy. If you happen to skip a dose take two on the day you remember. After that follow the normal schedule. In case of missing two active pills consecutively in the first and second week, then have two pills each day for the two consecutive days. After that have one pill for the rest of the pack. In case of missing pills consecutively in the third week then the rest of pills needs to be discarded and start a new pack the same day if you are a Day 1 starter. If you have started the pill on a Sunday, then continue taking the pill until Sunday and then start a new pack.
Side effects of the drug:
Some of the common side effects of the medicine include:
- Swelling in limbs
- Breast tenderness
- Unexpected weight change
- Missed or irregular periods
- Vaginal spotting
If the above side effects persist for long then you must contact your doctor as soon as you can. This is not a complete list of side effects that may happen. There may be other side effects as well.
Common drug interactions:
Some of the drugs that may interact with ethinyl estradiol and drospirenone and therby affect its working are:
- Aromatase inhibitors such as exemestane, anastrazole
- Sodium tetradecyl sulfate
This is not a complete list of medicine that may interact. There may be other medicines also. It is best to tell your doctor about the medicines that you are taking currently including any herbal medicines and also supplements so that he can check for any drug interaction.
Things to remember:
- Store the medicine in a cool and dark place away from heat, light a moisture.
- It is best to avoid consumption of alcohol and also to avoid smoking.
- You may need an alternate birth control measure for the initial days of using the pill.
- Take the medicine at the same time each day so that chance of missing any medicine is rare.
- Stop taking the pills if you face severe diarrhoea, vomiting or any other side effects.
- If you have been advised bed rest, medical test or surgery you must discontinue this pill for some time.
This is block static ( block-cms )