About the drug:
Tazarotene is a third generation topical retinoid. This drug is sold in the form of a cream or cream. The topical drug is sold under various brand names and forms in the market. This medication is used to minimize the signs and severity of the disease, Acne.
Uses of the drug:
This medicine is approved for the treatment of psoriasis, acne and the skin damage due to sun rays. The cream/cream 0.1% is indicated for Acne vulgaris, cream 0.1% for mild-moderate acne, and foam 0.1%for moderate–severe acne.
Working of the drug:
Tazarotene is a retinoid. It is in the form of a prodrug that needs to be converted into active form. The de-esterification of this prodrug occurs rapidly as it comes in the direct contact of skin. The active form then acts to heal the acne and psoriasis.
Tazret Forte Cream 0.1% (15 gm) is manufactured by Gracewell, India. You can buy Tazret Forte 15 gm Cream online at alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the cream form in the following strength on our website:
Tazret Forte Cream 0.1% (15 gm)
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to this drug or any of the other ingredients present in this medicine
- If you have a wound on the skin due to sunburn, windburn, dryness, chapping, or irritation, or on an open wound. Do not apply on any open wound
- Have any kind of other skin conditions or history of eczema, sunburn and sun sensitivity
- Are pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have blood pressure or kidney problems
- Have serious liver problem
- Have serious heart complaint
- Have kidney problems
How much to apply the drug?
Use Tazarotene, strictly according to your doctor's direction or according to the instructions on the medication label. A pea sized amount of cream/cream enough to apply to the whole affected area is generally advised.
Do not alter the dosage unless your doctor advises you to do so. Also, do not use this medication after the prescribed period is over. All medications come with a patient leaflet. Refer to the instructions in them for detailed information of that particular medication..
How to apply the drug?
Wash and pat dry the affected area completely. Gently rub in the medicine into the skin until it is evenly distributed. Wash off the medicine from the hands. Do not wrap or cover or bandage the area. Dosage is based on your medical condition and response to therapy.
Apply it religiously once in a day in morning and evening so as the acne scars heal faster. Proper care of the infected area is necessary. Time to time application of the Cream will prove beneficial and will speed up the healing procedure.
For how long to apply?
Use this medicine as long as the doctor tells you to take. Use the medication exactly as directed. Never use more or less of it or use it more often than prescribed by your doctor.
An overdose of Tazarotene Cream is a very rare case, still if you feel any discomfort get emergency medical attention or call the Doctor immediately.
If you miss a dose of Tazarotene, apply it as soon as you remember. Applying too much of Cream to make up the missed one can lead to excess medication in your body which can be harmful.
Side effects of the drug:
Tell your doctor as soon as possible if you notice any of the following:
- Peeling off
- Stinging of the skin
- Scaling of skin
- Pain in skin
- Peripheral edema
- Blister formation or crusting of the skin
- Swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue
- Dryness and cracking of the skin if applied around eyes or nose, minor redness or burning sensation at the site of application
In above cases you must go for immediate medical help. Do not get alarmed by the list. You may /may not experience all of them. Tell your doctor immediately in the above situations.
Common drug interactions:
- Certain other drugs can interact with Tretinoin and increase the risk of serious problems. So, it is necessary to consult your doctor about the drug you may have been using. He is the one who will inform you about that whether you need to continue the drug or not. Do not take the following drugs while using Tazarotene:
- Fluoroquinolones such as ciprofloxacin
- Vitamins etc.
- Ask your doctor to get the full list of the drugs needed to be avoided while taking the drug as they may interfere it and may cause adverse effects.
Things to remember:
- One should not exceed the dose prescribed by doctor
- Avoid sunlight or artificial UV light exposure
- Use a sunscreen and wear protective clothing to cover the treated areas while venturing out in sun
- Do not use this medicine on a cracked, injured or irritated skin
- If the medicine get accidently into eyes then wash your eyes thoroughly with water
- This medicine is for topical use only
- Do not use the medicine after the date of expiry
- This medicine may be harmful if swallowed
This is block static ( block-cms )